NGT and Aro?

selki

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2008
Hawaii
i have a 7'' NGT that id like to put in with my RTG arowana.
the RTG is about same size as the NGT as of now so i was thinking if throwing the NGT in when the aro hits about 14'' think they'll be ok together for life if i have some golden sharks/barbs/bass and maybe some silverdollars?

or will it be better to throw the NGT in now? Just worried the NGT might try to pick on the aro..Ive had a 8'' ngt with 14'' leichardti and they seemed fine..but the RTG is same size so just worried....lmk if anyone has success mixing them at same size

King-eL

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2008
Philippines and Canada
selki;2760039; said:
i have a 7'' NGT that id like to put in with my RTG arowana.
the RTG is about same size as the NGT as of now so i was thinking if throwing the NGT in when the aro hits about 14'' think they'll be ok together for life if i have some golden sharks/barbs/bass and maybe some silverdollars?
It could work. I currently have a 9" NGT with my green aro and the NGT never bother anyone except the ST which is 14". But no harm is done, just flaring up to the ST.

selki

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2008
Hawaii
how big is your tank? your green was 9'' and NGT was 9'' when u first introduced them together?

selki

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2008
Hawaii
so you put them together around the same size and never seen them chasing each other? U got any full tankshot because i have similar size as your tank

King-eL

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2008
Philippines and Canada
selki;2760096; said:
so you put them together around the same size and never seen them chasing each other? U got any full tankshot because i have similar size as your tank
The NGT was already in the tank. I'll try the full tank shot next time. Too lazy to take pics.

selki

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2008
Hawaii
so far so good, got them in together and the aro was kinda approaching the NGT n the ngt sort of ran away lol...but ims ure when it stabilise in its new tank it will defend itself...this aro is prety agresive -.- it keeps niping at my golden sharks and eating their scales as they float down to the ground O_O

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store