Central filtration help!!!!

guichofz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2006
Mexico
Hi my friends,

Its been so long, by now i have 5 Breeding Pairs of Natt´s, im planning to put a big System with Central Filtration. I´m gonna put 24 pre-drilled 34gal tanks in a 4 meter long stand, divided in 3 levels of 8 tanks. This is to have the most space to raise my little babys cuase sell more or less 600-800 a month.

My question is, Which size of pump do i need to handle more or less 950 gal system???, heating its not a problem, the sump are gonna be all the lower part of the stand so theres no problem also.

Planning to put UV light, Bioballs tower, Fluidized Bed Filters and if required, some Ozone Injection chamber to keep the water pristine.

What do you think guys, can you help me out???

Take care guys !!!!!

flyin lizard

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2007
New York, Dutchess Cty
I believe the minimum you want to turn all your water over at least 2 or 3 times an hour so a 2000 gph at the head height is needed at least..

LukeOscar

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2013
ontario
My question is, Which size of pump do i need to handle more or less 950 gal system???
As stated you want to turn over at least 2 or 3 times an hour. More if you want better mechanical filtration. 950 x 3 = 2850 gph. So at least 2850 gph. But you also need a way to split and even out the flow to 24 tanks.

I would suggest 3 smaller pumps. One for each shelf of tanks. If the pump is filling tanks all on the same height it's going to be much easier to control the flow. Plus if 1 fails you can just use the other 2 temporary to do all of them.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store