Purina AquaMax fish food

Cichlaholics Anonymous

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 23, 2006
Miami, Florida
I mentioned this briefly in another thread, that I've been feeding this food to my cichlids for a couple of months (aquamax 400 grower) and it seems to have given good growth. I haven't found too much on here about it, so just wanted to know if anyone else has used it and what the experience was like

skrefany

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2006
Warner Robins, Georgia
www.myspace.com
I tried it out. Glad I didn't buy a 50lb bag of it! It stunk up the whole living room at my BF's :yuck: Other than that, the fish seemed to like it. Didn't use it long enough to be able to say anything about growth. I switched everybody to Ken's Fish Food. What I've got left of it is going in the neighbor's pond.

Kogo

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
South Florida
I've used it. It's is a bit messy, but good food non the less. Even though I prefer things like Ken's Fish ($5/lb) or NLS ($15-$18/lb), at less then a dollar a pound, purina is the cheapest food by far.

SOKO

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2009
NYC
I've never used the fish food, but what I know about purina is that it usually formulates food to sustain an animals needs as well as enrich growth and health. But from what I'm reading about it stinkin, for me it would be a 50/50.

tcarswell

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2008
Tibet
Kens food doesn't smell that great either but this stuff is an all new level of rank, I got mine in tupper ware and my fingerprints on the thing stink so bad my sphynx cat follows me around looking for sea food.

Cichlaholics Anonymous

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 23, 2006
Miami, Florida
I've noticed the smell on it as well, although it doesn't seem to bad to me, thanks for the input. Let's see how it does over a longer period of time, I have no complaints thus far

skrefany

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2006
Warner Robins, Georgia
www.myspace.com
Druu;2771262; said:
Where are you guys finding this? I've seen other purina types of food, but I don't need 50 lbs.
I got a 5lb tester bag from these guys:
http://www.4fishstuff.com/index.php?cPath=58_292_70

It was @ $12 shipped. If it works for you, then it really is a good deal on fish food. I just can't have* people going "What's that smell?" :nilly:

Cichlaholics Anonymous

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 23, 2006
Miami, Florida
I got mine from a local feed store which had small one pound and five pound bags of the food. I wouldn't buy a 50 lb bag with as few fish as I have. If I'm not mistaken the nutriotional info is on the bag, but not on the
Purina foods website

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store