id my gar please..urgent!!

profanityarts

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
hey guys, i just bought two gars. the problem is i don't know what kind of gar they are. they're not as brown as the spotted/florida that i usually see around. they're pretty silverish. right now they're just in my 75 gallon grow out tank then ill be putting them in a 220 gallon. please help me you gar pros out there and tell me what type of gar they are and how big would they get. hope its not a hybrid. sorry for the bad photos thanks guys and sorry for the empty tank just bought some live sand,rocks, and driftwood.

ermgravy

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
behind my iMac.... Southampton UK.
SP.Illeagal.... all gar are baned in your state if u live in cali otherwise any where else its a fl/sp

actally, post a straight head and ail profile, i wana see proportional width of jaw and shape of tail fin.... may be gators but eitherway illeagal in cali and they are exremely stressed in pics.... tankmates? conditions? how long u had them in there?

profanityarts

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
i bought the gars a month ago. i was afraid that they were stressed. they kinda looked like they were stressed. about the gars being illegal, i just bought them in a lfs here in cali. ill see more to it. they have no tankmates, water level and temperature is fine, and like i said ive had them for a month. im really worried about them. if they wont get any better im considering on giving it to somebody that would know how to take proper care of them. although i have had gars before and they were fine. they have been that colorever since i got them =(

polish

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2008
Ne, IN
www.tankterrors.com
The tank is bare in all the pics, do they have any hiding spots?

Maybe add some plants and driftwood to make them feel more at home and less like they are in an empty glass box.

profanityarts

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
polish;2801714; said:
The tank is bare in all the pics, do they have any hiding spots?

Maybe add some plants and driftwood to make them feel more at home and less like they are in an empty glass box.
i just bought some live sand, driftwood, and a couple of rocks although im still waiting for my stand before i put them in. i should be getting it within two days. hopefully sooner so that my fish would get its color sooner. thanks for your help appreciate it.

channarox

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2007
south east asia
ive never had a florida gar that stayed brown throughout its life...they tend to look liek yours.
but darker.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store