size for african bonytongue?

xander

Manjuari
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2007
Singapore
alright, i have an 11inch african bonytongue in a 75gal and it's starting to get squeezy for it. along with the fact that the filtration can barely keep up with it's huge diet. so i am thinking of adding it into the big tank. in it, i have as most of you should know, 2 ~20inch cuban gars. it is a 5x3x2 tank. what size would it be safe to add the african? i have a small 10" spotted in with the cubans, and it has not been touched. however the cubans have tried to attack the african when i tried to introduce it in at 10". thanks for the replies

xander

Manjuari
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2007
Singapore
Polypterus;2813522; said:
Thats a Solomon question... He should be back on in a few days.
basically, yeah. lol but i'd like for others to see it so instead of a pm i did a thread.

where is he? seems you guys seem really busy these days! hope something big is rumbling.

dpk2313

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2009
ohio
I personally dont know much about them but do you think the inch will change the situation that much?

dpk2313

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2009
ohio
yeah 14" sounds safer

channarox

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2007
south east asia
IMO,there is a possibility this might work.
try adding him in and then feed the cubans to get attention away from him.
i also think that the girth of the aro has a part to play in this.
if he LOOKS like he can be eaten,dont even risk it.
if its only because of AGGRESSION and not feeding response,then try it.

xander

Manjuari
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2007
Singapore
he got attacked, i believe it's because he swims a lot. mass wise he's larger then the fl gars and maybe then the endlicheri. but the way he waves his tapered tail in front of the cubans is like saying "eat me eat me!!"

channarox

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2007
south east asia
xander13;2814579; said:
he got attacked, i believe it's because he swims a lot. mass wise he's larger then the fl gars and maybe then the endlicheri. but the way he waves his tapered tail in front of the cubans is like saying "eat me eat me!!"
so in other words...its possible for them to eat him...:ROFL:
DONT DO IT.
give it to me and i'll get it to 16" for you.:grinno::ROFL:

xander

Manjuari
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2007
Singapore
i know that they will eat him! that's why he's not in yet:D i was just wondering what size should be fine. i think he is better off in his own 75 without competitors for food:D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store