water parameters

AC2020x

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2009
State College, PA
Hey, I have been getting most of my water from walmart and first I bought distilled water and now i'm refilling it at there refil thing which i'm pretty sure is distilled. But I tested the water and this is how it came out. how does this look? Ammonia- .25-- Nitrite- .075 100-- PH around 7.8 and the alacrity is around 2.2 For my Nitrate do I test the high range or low range on my card? If its high range than my nitrate is probably around 120 if it's low range that its probably around 22 or so. Is this good? I know I have a RO source but it's a little further away than the walmart one so I prefer walmart if this water seems ok.

Thanks!!!

spring007

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2006
Where there is sunshine
AC2020x;2814013; said:
Hey, I have been getting most of my water from walmart and first I bought distilled water and now i'm refilling it at there refil thing which i'm pretty sure is distilled. But I tested the water and this is how it came out. how does this look? Ammonia- .25-- Nitrite- .075 100-- PH around 7.8 and the alacrity is around 2.2 For my Nitrate do I test the high range or low range on my card? If its high range than my nitrate is probably around 120 if it's low range that its probably around 22 or so. Is this good? I know I have a RO source but it's a little further away than the walmart one so I prefer walmart if this water seems ok.

Thanks!!!
I don't think you have the tank balanced at all! ph do you mean 2.02 or 2.2? DI water is good enough..do you have a sump setup? how big is the tank?

Ricko

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 5, 2008
earth
spring007;2814797; said:
I don't think you have the tank balanced at all! ph do you mean 2.02 or 2.2? DI water is good enough..do you have a sump setup? how big is the tank?
DI water should be good enough but due to these test results, i wouldn't use it. I'm pretty sure these were the results of the water from the store not the fish tank.

AC2020x

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2009
State College, PA
Yes from the store, I think from now on i'm gonna go a little further to get RO water cause I'm not positive that that is distilled esspecially with those tests?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store