How Many?

pwmin

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
CO via PA
www.myspace.com
My mom decided that she wants some dats for her 125. She lost a few fish recently, but we got that all sorted out and now it's time to get some more in there.

standard 72x18 125gallon
filtered by Top Fin 60 filled w/ AC filter foam, Rena XP3 w/ regular filter pads on bottom basket and the rest filled w/ BioMax and Ehfisubstrat, Eheim 2260 w/ Ehfimech and Ehfisubstrat

current inhabitants: 8" male Rotkeils severum, 4" red spotted severum, 2 spotted raphael catfish, 6" female jack dempsey (probably isn't going to live much longer...pretty old), 3.5" bellycrawler (will be removed pretty soon to go back in one of my tanks), 4 x 4.5" SD's (adding 1 more), 4" flagtail

I want to know how many dats I should add. I'm not too worried about them outgrowing because we'll probably only get 3-6 inchers and if they get too big, I can take them, but as y'all know they grow slowly. I'm not looking for one particular species. But, if I find a decent sized NTT, it's going in my tank :D

pwmin

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
CO via PA
www.myspace.com
thanks.

also, I know it'll depend on what size they are, too, but I doubt I'll find any much over 6". I'd like to keep them in there for life if possible, but as I said, I can always take some myself if it comes to that point.

christ4paul

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
they are very slow growers for a 3-4 incher in the 120 it will last for quite a while.

pwmin

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
CO via PA
www.myspace.com
yeah, I know how slowly they grow...that's one reason I'm not worried about them outgrowing the tank anytime soon.

i have a 7" AT, 8" NGT and 5" IT right now.

pwmin

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
CO via PA
www.myspace.com
PRIDE;2821330; said:
nice mixture they all get along?
thanks, ya they do. The rotkeil did beat up a great severum that was almost as big that we had to remove, but it doesn't bother the red spotted. We got rid of the mayan, too that was starting to bother the JD.

I forgot there's also a 4" rainbow shark in there and a 3" kuhli loach that we hadn't seen for a year and forgot that it was in there :ROFL:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store