Glasscages = Rude

Deepsouth

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2008
Montgomery, Alabama
I have been talking with Glasscages about shipping/ordering a large aquarium. These guys are extremely rude! I have read tons of posts about them being rude, trust me its all true. I'm thinking that I will just purchase a smaller 220 gallon that I can order locally.

LowCel

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2006
Charleston, WV
I was actually suprised when I talked to them yesterday to order my tank. They were very helpful and polite. They also returned all my e-mails in a very timely manner. They are a little blunt but I am okay with that. Also, I was not asking for anything custom or special so that could be why things went so smoothly. I'm picking the tank up on Saturday, hopefully everything continues to go smoothly.

Keep in mind I am not trying to say you are wrong, I'm just saying that so far I have had a pleasant experience with them.

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
Let us know how it turns out.

Deepsouth

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2008
Montgomery, Alabama
I'm glad you aren't having issues. Buying a large tank is supposed to be a fun/exciting experience. It takes the fun out of it for me, having to deal with rudeness, so I will probably go with a LFS or Tenecor. Tenecor has been very professional and helpful. Getting a life time waranty would probably be a good thing for me buying a large tank, but damn Tenecor is expensive. The local 220 gallon aquarium will come with a lifetime waranty as well. I kind of wanted an 8' tank, but the 220 isn't bad. The 220 full setup with stand/hood/glass aquarium is $1100 from the LFS.

LowCel

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2006
Charleston, WV
Make sure you check out a Perfecto as well. You can probably get a 265 for about the same price. Problem with that is that it is only 7' long. I would love to have a Tenecor, they are just out of my price range at the moment. I'm actually selling a set of bicycle wheels to pay for the new 300. :)

vanimate

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2005
Chicago ŅŞ
If they treat you like they don't want your business, Don't give it to them.
I would pay a little more to have a good experience than to be treated like crap. Make sure you let them know why, so they can change their ways if they wish.

12 Volt Man

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 24, 2007
canada
they aren't going to change their ways unless people stop buying.

but they are cheap, so people will always buy to save cash.

I looked into them and could not believe how many negative experiences there were out there. it was insane.

but they have so many calls coming in each day they probably don't care.

Deepsouth

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2008
Montgomery, Alabama
LowCel;2837558; said:
Make sure you check out a Perfecto as well. You can probably get a 265 for about the same price. Problem with that is that it is only 7' long. I would love to have a Tenecor, they are just out of my price range at the moment. I'm actually selling a set of bicycle wheels to pay for the new 300. :)
Do you road bike? Not talking about the motorcycle, but bicycle.

Deepsouth

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2008
Montgomery, Alabama
12 Volt Man;2837681; said:
they aren't going to change their ways unless people stop buying.

but they are cheap, so people will always buy to save cash.

I looked into them and could not believe how many negative experiences there were out there. it was insane.

but they have so many calls coming in each day they probably don't care.
I'm thinking that they get so many people calling they don't really care. They seem kinda like a redneck mom and pop company or something (I'm from Alabama, so I can't say much). You can't deny the prices though. You can get a much better deal with these guys. What worries me is that I'm being treated poorly now and I haven't even bought a tank. What is the service going to be like after they have my money?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store