Any problems with Cambeli and other tigers???

Ade

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2008
London
Hi all!!!

Just wondering if anyone who has cambeli, had any problems with aggression?? The NGT has a reputation of being a bit aggressive, but my NGT (6 inch) showed no signs of fighting for 10 months. Then recently, he's been chasing my other tigers and having a pop at the 10 inch indo's.
I've even seen him chase 4 other tigers all around the tank.

In 2 minds to sell him. :confused: dont want to cause, he's always stable, and personally i love the markings,.....

Will the aggresion get worse?? and should I risk keeping him?

I hear once they get to 9 inch +, they can cause serious damage to other fish....

Note:
Tank size 5 x 2 x 2 (125G)
I've got 7 other tigers to spread the aggression as well as loads of dither fish.

Ade

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2008
London
berserker;2846767; said:
I'm keeping an eye on this post-my NGT is 4" at present and I love it.
BTW great looking fish :popcorn:
Cheers Berserker!!! I'm with you, there extremely cute, compact looking fish. Hence, i will hate to sell it, but dont want it to smash up my other tigers. especially my 2 inch thin bars.

ANyone else with bad tempered NGT's??

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
berserker;2846767; said:
I'm keeping an eye on this post-my NGT is 4" at present and I love it.
BTW great looking fish :popcorn:
Well my ngt is a little smaller and he bullies the smaller of my two indos.The indo is still bigger than the ngt and is kept up in a corner of the tank.It does not seem to bother the other dats,maybe the member should keep the ngt in a separate tank.

christ4paul

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
mine is pretty mild tempered compare to the ones ive seen. it gets alot with my thinbars and silver. i thought the ngt was gonna punk the silvers. but no problem so far.

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
Get another tank and keep him. I just got 2, 4'' ngts. And boy are they cool little guys. I want a big pack of dats...but im really diggn the ngts.

Ade

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2008
London
gangster;2850094; said:
Get another tank and keep him. I just got 2, 4'' ngts. And boy are they cool little guys. I want a big pack of dats...but im really diggn the ngts.
I agree with the other tank option. and that would be my advice to others alos, but i simply aint got the room. You say you got 2 NGT both 4 inch....if they in same tank, one WILL get killed soon by the other.

I started with 2 NGT in same tank. The one in the pic I posted above, got the living crap kicked out of him, so I sold the other.

:)

JESTERX626

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2005
Does anyone know how NGT's fare with non-dat tankmates such as bichirs, silver dollars, anything NOT a dat etc?

christ4paul

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
i dont know about other people but my ngt is doing well with the bichirs.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store