Datnoid not eating!!!

jardini23

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2009
washington
i just purchased a 3.5" datnoid and hes not eating anything i feed him.how long can they go without eating??? any ways to get him to start?? I need help.:nilly:

christ4paul

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
starve it for 4 days and drop a piece of food or whatever you feed your fishes. if it stil doesnt eat, give some live stuff like, ghost shrimp. black worm, brine shrimp. or market shrimp with shell off and see if that works. if it doesnt there are suppliments you can try using like Kent garlic xtreme

jardini23

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2009
washington
thanks i will try that. but my datnoid is a ntt its tank mate is a 4in jardini. they were chasing eachother but no injuries at all. today i went out and bought a divider. was wondering how long should i have the divider in there for? will they later on be good friends?? :confused:

Ade

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2008
London
The Jardini will outgrow the Tiger ...10 fold. And may well kill your tiger later on. so be carful.
Tigers take long time to settle in, so worse case... it can take months to start feeding.
Christ4Paul has posted some good feeding tips above.

jardini23

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2009
washington
yea after putting the divider in the tank i hink the datnoid feels safe so now he is feeding on little feeder gf. atleast hes eating :)

christ4paul

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
yea jardini's are freakin evil. divider sounds good.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store