Will my Aro be safe with DATs

ctoychik

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
LAOS
www.monsterfishkeepers.com
Sorry, i am completely new to DATs. I think i got two new STs (no pics since i have not seen them)... they are cycling the tank for my X-back who will need to be moved ...

i would like to know if these two DATs are safe for my X-back ... DATs are small and aro is small.

thank you for the input. i will put the pix when i go home next time

PS: is it normal to have DAT swimming slanting sideways?

Hao

The Ancient
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2008
ithink so its normal lol,how big is dat tho? ifits smaller then arowthen itshouldbe fine

christ4paul

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
dats should be fine with the aro. but just keep a watch on it.

perfect_prefect

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2008
iowa
i have seen a number of pictures and videos with people keeping dats with aro's

ctoychik

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
LAOS
OK, thanks guys. I have also seen DATs with aros but i have also seen multiple asian aros set-ups too - and it was a disaster for me

anyway, i will try and keep and eye... if it does not work DATs go into sump of big aquarium

Cichla dude

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2008
Springfield MA
www.facebook.com
I think they should be fine.

ettfettbranamn

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
sweden
that is baller.. using st as cycling fish..

djoverdose

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 5, 2008
Manila Philippines
question... how big is your tank and how big is your xback and dats? usually they do well in comm., but if your tank is abit small there is a possibility that the aro will bully your dats. since asian aro are usually territorial.... but if you have a big tank i dont see any problem... though expect that there will be some chasing around between the 2 spicies.... just like christ4paul said... keep a watch on it.

ctoychik

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
LAOS
Thank you agains for your input.

DATs are small ~4" (estimate), X-back is may ~7". The tank is 6' so should be OK for a while for both species. Got the bigger tanks - don't worry

Btw, the dats are not moving around the tank at all. They just hang out in the corner when the sponge filters and airstones are .... is it normal? They are not skittish at all and pay attention to people's presence but they have not eaten since they got to their new tank (neither live nor dead food). They do not gasp or show any signs of distress - were very picky eaters even from the old owner (the guy that gave me his alligator gar)

PS: the tank is being cycled with older water and media filter from aro tanks before arrivals of DATs... it is just that i got the DATs earlier than i expected

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store