What makes a clown knife a clown knife?

Rjrose835

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I've always wondered this:

Why is a clown knife called a clown knife. In my opinion, it doesn't look anything like a clown. What's up with that?

biggfish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2008
MO
Perhaps its all the spots. I heard its cuase they are shaped like a blade or knife.

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
Well, black ghost knives don't look much like a ghost either.......

King-eL

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2008
Philippines and Canada
rallysman;2851188; said:
Well, black ghost knives don't look much like a ghost either.......
They call it a ghost because of the way they swim. That's why they categorize as ghost knife species.

As for the Clown knife, why do they call them clown knife? That's because of the spots. If you look at a real clown clothing some of them have red spot.

fishkeeper25

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2009
montreal
King-eL;2851355; said:
They call it a ghost because of the way they swim. That's why they categorize as ghost knife species.

As for the Clown knife, why do they call them clown knife? That's because of the spots. If you look at a real clown clothing some of them have red spot.
why dont u ask the guy that first named the fish he probably just didnt no what to name it ,like the oscar cichild i wonder where he got the name? the guy musta been watching the oscar awards

King-eL

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2008
Philippines and Canada
fishkeeper25;2852330; said:
why dont u ask the guy that first named the fish he probably just didnt no what to name it ,like the oscar cichild i wonder where he got the name? the guy musta been watching the oscar awards
If you can find how to contact that person and get me that person's contact info, then I'll ask him.:)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store