300 gallon tank - the project begins!

LowCel

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2006
Charleston, WV
So far I have ordered a few things for the 300 gallon tank I am getting but today was the first day of work. I gave my dad a call this morning and asked if he wanted to come and give me a hand building the stand. We made a trip to Lowe's where I spent $160 for wood, nails, and foam.

We managed to get everything done exept for the doors, trim, and paint. I also still need to put the sides on the tank, I'm going to wait until I finish the sump before I put those on so I can slide the sump in. All considering I would say it was a pretty productive day considering it was around 37 degrees and I can barely walk due to knee surgery. I am paying for it now though, my knee is swollen pretty bad.

Anyway, here are some progress pictures. It is amazing how much this stand weighs!

uncwnells

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2008
Wilmington, NC
looking good so far, did your lowes have 4x4's that were untreated? I am just curious as I was forced into buying treated wood at Home Depot.

LowCel

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2006
Charleston, WV
Nope, no untreated 4x4's at Lowe's so I was forced to buy the treated one's as well.

tcarswell

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2008
Tibet
looks good simple and effective. I like it!

LouieV

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2008
Queens NYC
Awesome!!! make sure you get to update!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store