baby pictures of tropicals...

Bsixxx

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2006
Need some babe pictures of tropicals and short nose gars, if anyone has any... :)

Bsixxx

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2006
E_americanus;2859565; said:
care to share what the pics are needed for? --
--solomon

just picked up some solid black juvies, might just turn out to be floridas, but they don't have the usual look of a florida.. Again they are solid black with some white in the tails.. just need a confirmation picture...

E_americanus

Penguin Lover
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2004
Louisiana
primitivefishes.com
Bsixxx;2859604; said:
just picked up some solid black juvies, might just turn out to be floridas, but they don't have the usual look of a florida.. Again they are solid black with some white in the tails.. just need a confirmation picture...
check out the gar ID thread with the references there...you should be able to compare to the juvenile gar/YOY gar ID thread. if they are from an LFS outside of H20 Custom aquatics i highly doubt they are tropicals. shortnoses probably won't be seen for a bit longer, and given the tiny Floridas showing up in LFS in recent weeks I would say they are likely FL gars.--
--solomon

crowxviii

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2008
Philippines
Bsixxx, post some pics of your solid black juvies so people can help you.

Bsixxx

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2006
Polypterus;2861272; said:
Gator I bet....

deffinatly not gator, they look to be hybrid between florida and something else... but again they are solid black, no markings anywhere to be seen.. with a long slender bill.

Polypterus

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
Detroit
Bsixxx;2862367; said:
deffinatly not gator, they look to be hybrid between florida and something else... but again they are solid black, no markings anywhere to be seen.. with a long slender bill.
Get some pics dude... No Juvenile Gar are totally black so these really need to be seen to get an idea of what they might be.

E_americanus

Penguin Lover
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2004
Louisiana
primitivefishes.com
Bsixxx;2862367; said:
hybrids really can't be determined that early on, not to mention it seems unlikely. if they are early enough in development they will seem solid black (also due to LFS conditions). get pics or this whole conversation is relatively pointless. good luck, sounds like interesting fish--

Polypterus;2862662; said:
Get some pics dude... No Juvenile Gar are totally black so these really need to be seen to get an idea of what they might be.
i'm guessing it's an issue of LFS conditions and exaggeration of pattern. there are some really dark juveniles out there right now...they will likely look like stressed versions of the others juvies we have seen recently. you're right, without pics we won't be able to do anything more than speculate...but i'm not holding my breath for something crazy to appear :) --
--solomon

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store