How Can I make MY 4'' Ngt on maket shrimps

bitteraspects

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2007
ExoDon Juan
try feeding it the MP. if it wont take it in 3 minutes. remove the MP and try again tomorrow. do not offer it any other foods besides what youre training it on. eventually it will get hungry and take it.
if it does not take the MP in 3 weeks. feed it whatever it is currently eating, then start the process again until desired results are obtained

arkmann

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2007
Eat or die in my book... as long as the fish is not worth more than $150....

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
arkmann;2936144; said:
Eat or die in my book... as long as the fish is not worth more than $150....
sounds like a good book

i hear it all the time my tiger wont eat this or that

its rubbish my kids wont eat greens feed them only greens for 2 months they will eat them thats for sure :D

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
T1KARMANN;2937386; said:
sounds like a good book

i hear it all the time my tiger wont eat this or that

its rubbish my kids wont eat greens feed them only greens for 2 months they will eat them thats for sure :D
Well that all sounds good but I have already lost one of my two Campbelli trying to get them off of live food and all of my other dats have greedily jumped on the krill and shrimp bandwagon.My one NGT is quite stubborn just as someone said earlier and it really cost me too much to starve it to death.

Ade

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2008
London
krichardson;2937749; said:
Well that all sounds good but I have already lost one of my two Campbelli trying to get them off of live food and all of my other dats have greedily jumped on the krill and shrimp bandwagon.My one NGT is quite stubborn just as someone said earlier and it really cost me too much to starve it to death.
T1's opinion is quite a hard one....converting tigers to various foods. But it does work and is the quickest way to convert.

I "generally" agree with "eat or die" . I had NGT and INDO, which took 8 months to convert. But rather than ONLY feed shrimp/peklets etc, I did drop some bloodworm in every 25 days or so. This way, they never got too thin.
This method took 8 months to convert.:D

If i was harder and only fed what I wanted them to eat. then it could have taken (a lesser time) say 2 months to convert.

If your not patient type, then stay away from DATS.

good luck

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Ade;2937774; said:
T1's opinion is quite a hard one....converting tigers to various foods. But it does work and is the quickest way to convert.

I "generally" agree with "eat or die" . I had NGT and INDO, which took 8 months to convert. But rather than ONLY feed shrimp/peklets etc, I did drop some bloodworm in every 25 days or so. This way, they never got too thin.
This method took 8 months to convert.:D

If i was harder and only fed what I wanted them to eat. then it could have taken (a lesser time) say 2 months to convert.

If your not patient type, then stay away from DATS.

good luck
I think I am patient enough and I will eventually convert my NGT but I have learned a painfull lesson with the one that died and I wont lose this beauty.Luckily this one has the better markings and coloring.

Ade

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2008
London
Why rush the conversion time. If it takes a 6 to 12 months, then thats what it takes.

Just feed something they WILL eat every 4 weeks, (if your worried, then he wont starve to death), then he'll get pissed at only eating every 4 weeks, hopefully, he'll come round.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store