protozin and myxazin, why cant i use them in succession

mystic.bertie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2008
scotland
6.5ft malawi setup

i have white spot on a couple of fish i aquired recently, i tried myxazin because i had it to hand but no joy with it, i now have protozin but it says it cant be used within 4 days of myxazin, so am i going to have to carbon out the myxazin before i use the protozin and wait 24 hours before i can treat the white spot :nilly:

Lupin

Viviendo la vida loca!
MFK Member
If you were treating for ich, why did you not use salt in the first place?

mystic.bertie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2008
scotland
whats salt going to do in a malwai setup ?

i have used carbon for 24 hours to remove the myxazin and now i am treating with protozin.

Lupin

Viviendo la vida loca!
MFK Member
mystic.bertie;2953697; said:
whats salt going to do in a malwai setup ?

i have used carbon for 24 hours to remove the myxazin and now i am treating with protozin.
Look for table salt and treat your tank for two weeks. You said your fish have white spot or ich. Salt will destroy them. Dissolve and use a dose of a tablespoon per 5g.

cichlid2006

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2008
Fife - Scotland
why did you use myxazin for whitespot? you need to read the labels on your fish meds. you treated for ulcers, finrot, body rot etc. protozin is for ich, it says clearly on the label.
using treatments for a disease that isnt there can be almost as bad as the disease itself. not only that its delayed the treatment if you want to stay with the chemical route.

mystic.bertie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2008
scotland
believe it or not a lfs sold me the myxazin when i had white spot in my nano, then i read what harm it can do as its not reef safe, so i did not use it, i used it because thats all i had and i could not get to the shops due to my working hours so i had nothing to lose by trying it.

the protozin is now being used and i have turned the temp up to assist in the treatment

cichlid2006

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2008
Fife - Scotland
saltwater ich needs an alternative treatment to freshwater ich. i know that what treats one disease in a freshwater setup treats a different one in saltwater with waterlifes products.
you still need to read the label and never ever trust what your lfs says 100%, always double check by reading stuff yourself and remember they are only after your money, not your friendship, so lying to you is not an issue to some lfs'.

mystic.bertie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2008
scotland
cichlid2006;2956533; said:
saltwater ich needs an alternative treatment to freshwater ich. i know that what treats one disease in a freshwater setup treats a different one in saltwater with waterlifes products.
you still need to read the label and never ever trust what your lfs says 100%, always double check by reading stuff yourself and remember they are only after your money, not your friendship, so lying to you is not an issue to some lfs'.
yes i realised this afte rbuying the treatment from them, they dont care, lie and sell you anything, ill stick to getting my advise on the forums its far more reliable ;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store