April Fools Day computer worm

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
View attachment 345067http://news.aol.com/article/conficker-worm-virus-april-1/402022?ncid=AOLDSN00280000000001

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
Should be interesting....

Citrinellus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2008
Taking a joke a little far.... Until further notice my computer will be unplugged from the wall starting tonight...

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
i hope it is just a joke.. i am up to date on virus protection... i won't let it scare me..but i will be eyes wide open and listening..

Citrinellus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2008
Red Devil;2967664; said:
i hope it is just a joke.. i am up to date on virus protection... i won't let it scare me..but i will be eyes wide open and listening..
Yeah, I'm up to date too. I'll listen to the new until further notice. I don't have money to replace my computer. All my extra cash goes to my fish.

arkmann

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2007
GET A MAC

hangner

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2007
Quebec, Can//San Diego, Ca
seriously, if you have a pc and no antivirus its time for a wake-up call
first thing to do when you get a new computer is to put a decent antivirus on it
I recommend ESET http://www.eset.com/
its has a firewall, a spam mail filter, a great antivirus (the only antivirus that doesnt need an exact virus signature to block a virus, this means it can block a virus that is a unrecorded variant of another virus)
i must warn you it is pretty expensive but you get what you pay for, it is completely automated and it uses very little system resources, it also gets about like 5 virus signature updates per day which is awesome, always up to date
i have had this program on my computer for about 8 months now and havent had a single virus yet, it has blocked many over that time
it constantly monitors any file that is incoming on your computer and will block it before anything bad happens it will close the connection and quarantine the item

On another note it will be fun to see what happens, about a couple weeks ago my ISP was under attack but a large army of "zombie" computers. This prevented anyone using Road Runner from accessing most websites as it messed with DNS adresses the solution BTW for those of you who might have experienced this problem is to use openDNS (google it)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store