**EMERGENCY** Eye Problem x_x Help!

pupumole

In Loving Memory
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2007
sfbay
15" IT ...

dont know how this happen but theres a white fuzzy ring in the clear part of the eye .... im pretty sure its not the cataract ( the lil film cover the black part of the eye , rite?) but its just in the clear part.....

theres nothing in the tank that he might've scratched his eyes on except a koralia powerhead .... and tank mates are 2 x 12-16" pbass and couple bichirs couple non-aggressive catfish and a tarpon....

could it be the water change i did yesterday? since this only appeared today

help .... i got salt and temp at 84 in there....

DSC07284.JPG

DSC07286.JPG

DSC07287.JPG

frozinfire

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2009
New Zealand
um that looks like cloudy eye to me =/ it happened to my it before but lots of water change and i used Furan-2 after about 3 weeks it was fine but thats just me im not realy sure >_<!

pupumole

In Loving Memory
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2007
sfbay
he was really good until this happen x_X me so worried rite now ....

cuz before, i had a 10-11" ST and its cataract shifted and went blind , and we just didnt want to see it suffer so we sold it x_x hopefully this is not the same x_x

Datnoid101

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2006
Off the deep end
tigercraze.com
Use melafix and do daily water changes for a week. Might be eye cloud or he may have bumped his eye on something. Clean water and some mela goes a long way. Very nice looking tiger

brianp

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 5, 2007
Fremont, CA
You can try the other, less aggressive remedies (such as Melafix) for a few days and see if there is any improvement. If not, I would dose with Triple Sulfa for 5-7 days and then perform a 50% wc. Unfortunately, you must remove the activated carbon and this will probably wipe our a large portion of your biofilter. Following treatment, remove resdual antibiotic with activated carbon and then reestablish biofiltration with Seachem Stability.

FunWow!

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 30, 2008
Rhode Island
I have the same problem at the moment so im salting and treating for eye cloud. Been down this road before. Treat and do your water changes and you should be good.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store