albinos among bichirs

GarNiac

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2009
SE Asia
ok, I posted this tread recently, and it appears to be in a wrong section,
maybe some of you read it already, so I'll make it short, basically,
I have 4 albinos and they seems to have a huge appetite of eating compare with the rest of my bichirs; and the albinos are not too fuzzy with food, as they would eat anything, floating or sinking,
questions are;
does your albinos eat alot than others as well?
do you guys having any problems feeding your ornate?cause mine one doesnt eat that much...

beblondie

In Loving Memory
Mar 31, 2005
chicagoland
Can't answer about the albions but how big is the orante?

Cohazard

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2005
Yeah my albino eats as if it were an ornate, but I've also had albinos that didn't have as large of an appetite.

My ornates are pigs too, especially the oldest one.

beblondie

In Loving Memory
Mar 31, 2005
chicagoland
When my ornate was small the she would only feed at night and I never saw her till
she got to big to live in the stinking plants lol.I'd catch glimpses of her and the only reason I knew she was alive was her food was gone in the morning -Anne

Cohazard

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2005
I don't know how to explain it, but all of the ornates me and FGW got from Infinite Aquatics are super active and growing fast.

GarNiac

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2009
SE Asia
gezzz I wish my ornate have appetitie like that, its only about 8" now, saw it eating once, and never seen it eating again, but the albinos are like cleaning machine in the tank, eat and eat...

Angler

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 8, 2007
Colorado
My Albino Sen does seem to have a bigger appetite than my other bichir species.

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
All my Polys have pretty good appetites, but I would have to say that my Albino Sens starts munching down when the food hits the floor while the others wait until they get a whiff of it.

GarNiac

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2009
SE Asia
beblondie;2988427; said:
When my ornate was small the she would only feed at night and I never saw her till
she got to big to live in the stinking plants lol.I'd catch glimpses of her and the only reason I knew she was alive was her food was gone in the morning -Anne
nice, what do you feed your ornate BB?

klmt

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2007
CT
i just got an albino senegal yesterday night, and this morning it ate a large cichlid pellet, some mysis shrimp, and part of an algae wafer and it's only about 4 inches. lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store