210 Set up Questions

$INI$T3R

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2008
Stuttgart Germany
Ok guys... So this is what i have... I bought 2 jabeo 304's (350gal hr.) and 2 emp. 400's (400 gal hr.) I also have 4 300W heaters... I set evrything up on saturday night/sunday morning... I put in stress coat via the LFS said that was the best to help start the bio load. I have 4 Pbass and 2 North american Large mouth bass. How long should i wait before i put them in there. I put 2 rosies in here on Sunday Morning, and there still doing just fine swimming in an OCEAN (comapred to the 10 gal feeder tank they came from)... Let me know what you think.

Oh by the way ill let you know how the Jabeo's work... They seem to be fine right now... Ill get a few pics as soon as i can..

davidtcb1

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2006
Nashville TN
I've never considered stress coat to be something that would start a cycle or increase bio load. If it's a new tank, it'll be quite a while before you are cycled. Did you add any existing media from the previous tank? If so, this will speed things up, but I'd say probably two weeks at least.

LowCel

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2006
Charleston, WV
It took me a little over two weeks to be able to add fish to my 300. I used some bioballs from my 210, some water from my 210, and a sponge from my 210 as well as about 18 feeders. Now that I have added fish I am doing a 50 - 75 gallon water change every other day.

Also, I am using two 300 watt heaters for the 300 gallon tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store