Bi-Color angel feeding

AC2020x

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2009
State College, PA
Hey, I made a trip the that fish place today with my friends and got a bi-color angel-- he's pretty small probably around 2-3" right now and he doing fine in my tank right now. I was wondering if anyone has any special feeding suggestions for him that would be helpful. Currently he is nipping around the rocks which is pretty normal and seems very happy. I have mysis shrimp and a combined shrimp called marine cousine that the fish seem to love. And just normal flakes.-- will just these things be good enough? Or does anyone have any special suggestions? Thanks a ton!!!

puffcrusader696

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 15, 2008
Corning, New York
www.youtube.com
AC2020x;3004879; said:
Hey, I made a trip the that fish place today with my friends and got a bi-color angel-- he's pretty small probably around 2-3" right now and he doing fine in my tank right now. I was wondering if anyone has any special feeding suggestions for him that would be helpful. Currently he is nipping around the rocks which is pretty normal and seems very happy. I have mysis shrimp and a combined shrimp called marine cousine that the fish seem to love. And just normal flakes.-- will just these things be good enough? Or does anyone have any special suggestions? Thanks a ton!!!
i wouldnt think they would need anything extra. Im no expert on them but my flame angel does fine just with flakes and some krill and bloodworms a few times a week.

Nighthawk

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2007
In the woods
I feed mine formula 1 & 2 frozen and pellets. I also use flake food and blood worms. The fish is a pig though and will eat just about anything.

agreeive?fish

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2007
oklahoma
I have multiple drawf angels including a bicolor, along with several other types of fish, i feed form1,form2.and prime reeef flakes along with frozen mysis, chopped table shrimp(for the lunnar wrasse and niger triggerfish) and frozen angel/bf formula for the large angels/butterflys and morrish idol and nori for the tangs the bicolor will eat every thing i feed the tank and even grazes on the rocks...he is a fat pig

agreeive?fish

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2007
oklahoma
Three place online i know forsure that carry them are

drsfostersmith
bigals
petsolutions

there may very well be others

they have it in flake form, multiple pellet sizes and in frozen cubes

the only site i know of that has it in all 3 forms is drsfostersmith but some others may also have all 3 forms

Formula one flakes(pellets look the same or almost the same)

Formula2 flakes (pellets look the same or almost the same)

Prime reef flakes/pellets

formula1 frozen

Formula2 frozen

prime reef frozen

Billy the kid

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2009
OBX N.C
The best thing to feed that fish is sushi nore on a clip .It is better then flake food,plus cheaper.

AC2020x

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2009
State College, PA
well IDK if anyone wants to know but it's been a week since I put him in and he's doing great-- he nips at the rock-- so it would be nice if I had a larger tank with more rock-- and I got green marine algae seaweed stuff that is clipped on the side of the tank and I think he likes that!!!--- He's also eating frozen formula one, frozen prime reef and a good marine flake food I got from my LFS very actively. He has not taken to formula 2 frozen or Mysis or brine Frozen very well though but he might eventually. (he didn't eat flake at first either but I fed him some today and he loved it) -- so all is well right now and he seems very happy!!!

BIGgourami

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2007
Chicago, IL
good :)

got any pics :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store