HarleyK

Canister Man
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
USA
Howdy,

The members of this site have a huge experience with equipment. Many of us have had fish tanks for years, some for decades. Low-quality sucks, we want equipment that lasts. When we set up a tank, we're in it for the long run!

What are your favorite brands, what can you rely on? I am not asking for the newest gadget you bought, not for the set-up with the fanciest extras. I also don't want to know what sucks. I want to hear from those of you who have been running one piece of equipment for at least 3 years and would purchase it again if it ever broke (however, hoping it will last for many more years).

Here is mine:

Eheim 2211, run-time 16 years, still counting

Bring it on! :thumbsup:
HarleyK

Ps
I know this question might inspire a brand war. But I am counting on your cooperation in keeping this a positive thread. Please only state positive experiences and refrain from negative comments on other member's experiences. Thank you

Reactions: dr exum

jsodwi

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2005
south of heaven
Eheim filters 2213 ran them for at least 10 years and I got them used
Ebojager heaters I don't think they ever go bad

kenrc51

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2006
los angeles
Fluval 203 last me almost 10 years
a wet/dry with rio pump 5 years
Ebo Jager heater 10 years

6471 Bugs

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2006
Maryland
Ive had a Little Giant pump on my wet/dry for over 8 yrs and no problems . Would definately use again....Kelly :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

fishnutham

Needs More Room!
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2005
Brantford,Ont,canada
my oldest is my eheim wet dry canistor 2226 (i think) great unit never clean just shake it i'm lazy! still as quiet as the day i bought it the rest of my equipment is still new went nuts on a boxing day blow out..

loach43

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
Indiana
I've got an eheim 2213 that's been running since 1989 without any servicing or replacement parts except the hoses.

Said that before in other posts but had to say it again because to me it's shocking.

Would like to hear from others about longest lasting submersible heaters.

Reactions: Stedz2121 and Kaia
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store