Votes: 227 74.4%
  • I am not located in the US and will not be affected either way

Votes: 33 10.8%

• Total voters

Bottomfeeder

Dovii
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Land of the flea and home of the whopper.
Do you think HR669 will pass?...the pet trade brings in billions of dollars a year...and with the economy supposedly gone to crap, i think it would be dumb to pass it. (for other reasons too :grinyes:)

so do you think its gonna pass?...

cichlid2006

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2008
Fife - Scotland
so any news on how your fight is going?
hope its going well. I dont want to be invaded by yankees lol.:p

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Due to the economical status of the US, the pet trade does help generate money so I don't think that it'll pass.

srikamaraja

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2007
Vernon, CT
It is the duty of a righteous man to defy an unjust law.

When tropical fish are outlawed, only outlaws will have tropical fish.

::straps on banderilla::

jmart.cooper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2007
A long way from Amphioxus
It would make a lot more sense to just increase the fines dramatically for people who release non-native animals or do other in appropriate things involving pets. This would still let the pet trade produce trade in the US giving the govt money from taxes and it would give the govt a second source of income in the form of fines.

jworth

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2008
Indianapolis
jmart.cooper;3031779; said:
It would make a lot more sense to just increase the fines dramatically for people who release non-native animals or do other in appropriate things involving pets. This would still let the pet trade produce trade in the US giving the govt money from taxes and it would give the govt a second source of income in the form of fines.
they wouldnt be able to catch half of the idiots down in south florida who get bored and dump thier bucket of fish in the water. i dont think it will pass though. not in this economy.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store