can you over feed ray?

408smokin

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
At home
I was feeding them some market shrimp yesterday and toss in some massivor for my bicbirs.. I guess in the morning, the female was so fat from eating some of those massivor, she was swiming funny. Can they died from died from over eating?

jwong1024

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 19, 2008
Chicago
My female motoro eats market shrimp and nightcrawlers. She gets really fat and plump after dinner.

mshuangchao

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2007
China - 珠海
Normally a ray will not kill itself by eating too much, but prolonged over feeding can cause some serious health issues (I've had experience myself). That's why it's best to feed them no more than 70% full.

408smokin

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
At home
yea.. I usually feed them enough so I can see the plump in their back but I just recently got some new bichir.. The bichir wasen't eating for a few day so I decided to throw some massivor to see if they will eat them.. I guess they didn't and the female motoro eat them all up.. The next day, the female was swimming a little funny with the tail kinda pointing up..

Brent

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2005
TFC
like david mentioned i know with dogs they can get bloat from eating alot of food and the moister expanding it i wonder if something similar could happen with the pellets?just a thought

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store