My stingray finally ate market prawn!

6 bar

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 26, 2007
Antelope Valley
I have owned my unidentified brown ray since November and it had only been accepting trout worms, blood worms and nightcrawlers. But, now that it is about 8" in diameter it has accepted market prawn. I'm excited about it because I know that mp is a great starting point for introducing new foods as you can put pellets in them.

I'm thinking of feeding both night crawlers and market prawn to him and hopefully I can wean him off of worms completely. And from there, go onto market prawn feeding. And then stuff the prawn with pellets. Finally, I hope I can get it to feed mostly on pellets.

Nic

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2005
outside philly
after a few weeks of mp.... fatten it up good and starve it for a week or 2 and it will take to pellets

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
Congratz, good to hear.

rayrayray

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
uk
shouldn't take long to get it on pellets...once there on them they carn't get enough!!!

6 bar

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 26, 2007
Antelope Valley
He's eating mp, but he seems to eat only a few small pieces. He hasn't completely taken to mp unfortunately. But, I'm going to try to train him to take mp completely.

Nic

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2005
outside philly
Deaths Sting;3078358; said:
thats great that hes eating Mp but i wouldn't stop feeding the night crawlers. they provide good nutrients.

yea but its not hard to replace that with something preapared that is cheaper and better....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store