Jan 20, 2008
corona, ca
congrats!

n4red

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2008
sweden
Good work man! hoping il get mine on shrimp soon enough too . just baught some bloodworms too them cuz i felt they were so skinny tho.

Angler

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 8, 2007
Colorado
Nice. Mine only eats market shrimp. Do you soak the krill so it sinks, or does he eat if off the surface?

aznfab213

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2008
WHITTIER, CALIFORNIA
Very nice. Now all you have to do is stuff pellets inside the market prawns and you are set. You will have an ngt on pellets in no time:)

brianp

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 5, 2007
Fremont, CA
I know that many Dat owners would like to avoid the use of live feeders for a variety of reasons, but you always have to wonder if the surrogate diet is sufficiently nutritious...particulalry for predators. I'll make a suggestions and you can take it or leave it. If you're going to eliminate the feeders, I would recommend that you at least supplement the shrimp with Kent Zoe 2x per week. I do it in the following manner:

1. Thaw shrimp and cut into pieces 1/2-3/4" long.
2. Soak in water for one hour to remove excess salt.
3. Press pieces between layers of paper towelling to remove most of the water. Pieces are now semi-moist and will absorb Zoe.
4. Dribble Zoe over pieces. They will turn green as Zoe is absorbed.
5. Feed.

Hopefully, the pieces are eaten immediately, before Zoe diffuses out.

Zoe is good because it does not contain phosphates. I have been doing this for about three years with my Dats...some of which are quite large, and mine still get feeders twice a week.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store