Jeremy Wade catches world record Goonch Catfish

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
The guy from "River Monsters" catches a world record on his quest for man-eaters.

[YT]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9WBtT6RqkE4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9WBtT6RqkE4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YT]

FSM

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2008
Georgia
I didn't realize he had caught a world record. Clearly that species hasn't been fished very much. The show is pretty good, yesterday it was about the arapaima.

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
rdx1555;3080972; said:
Now that's a monster catfish. Look at those teeth. Anybody with one of these at home?

I'm pretty sure I've seen Bagarius Yarelli on this forum. Anyone that owns one is nuts.

stotty

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2005
essex uk
Jeremy Wade started angling fishing a small river near where i live the Suffolk Stour, he went on to fish stillwaters for carp and catfish.(once agin like i do) At 16 he was the youngest member of the British Carp Study Group. In his early twenties, however, he hung up his rods, in response to overcrowded British lakes. Then in inspired by a magazine article about fishing for mahseer, he went to India.Since then he has made expeditions to south-east Asia, Zaire (now Democratic Republic of Congo), the People's Republic of Congo (now Republic of ...), India (again) and the Amazon. During these journeys he has caught malaria, narrowly escaped drowning, and survived a plane crash. (get a copy of jungle hooks) In between times, he has worked as a tour leader, motorcycle despatch rider, supply teacher, art tutor, translator (Portuguese-English), PR consultant, dishwasher and newspaper reporter. he has caught some very big fish and from all over the world.

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
I'd say the guy has a passion for monster fish. Not unlike our membership.

arapaimag

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
Quaoar
He is great for MFK. He has a real passion for showmanship and the monster fish.

That show on the Goonch has been aired this year but I believe it first came out last October/November on TV.

Mumtron

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2008
GHOSTING
ewurm;3084162; said:
I'm pretty sure I've seen Bagarius Yarelli on this forum. Anyone that owns one is nuts.

Dieselmack has one. or had one. he is nuts though.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store