My 100g cichlid tank

CichlidsRool

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 27, 2008
TUJUNGA,CA.SOCAL.
cant see that well what do you have in your tank, i think i see African Cichlid's with S/C. American Cichlids??? if so why????

Xeifer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2009
Phils.
CichlidsRool;3108234; said:
cant see that well what do you have in your tank, i think i see African Cichlid's with S/C. American Cichlids??? if so why????
yes ur correct. is that bad?

DISCIPLE

Candiru
MFK Member
most folks keep them seperate as water for these fish are different. however at times i have seen it done and it works. most folks keep convicts in with everything.

Cookinit

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2009
Minnesota
Xeifer;3108418; said:
yes ur correct. is that bad?
Different water and different temperaments.

Water was pointed out before me, but as for temperaments...typically for Africans you want to overstock your tank (and have heavy filtration for this) where as CA/SA you want to have defined territories and will have a more understocked tank.

Africans if understocked will pick on the weakest fish until it's dead, then go onto the next weakest and etc. Overstocking ensures that the same fish isn't always getting harassed.

For SA/CA they will define and defend their specific territories so you need to have large spaces so each one can do this.

1974Pantera

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 3, 2008
San Carlos, Ca.
Great looking tank.......crystal clean!

As mentioned above, mixing the SA's with Africans can be asking for trouble.

Xeifer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2009
Phils.
1974Pantera;3111573; said:
Great looking tank.......crystal clean!

As mentioned above, mixing the SA's with Africans can be asking for trouble.
tnx for the comment. its a d.i.y. ohf and a china made canister filter but my phonecam was not crystal clear:D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store