Stripped 2 wc Moba Mommas this Evening w/Pics!!!

Ron R.

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2005
Houston, TX
I stripped 2 wc moba mommas this evening. One was stripped at day 10 and my wc black moba mommas at day 7. Some of your may remember my black moba momma was egg-bound a while back and very near death. I nursed her back to health and really didn't think she would spawn again.
The last 2 spawns of my wc moba mommas have not been productive. I sold one of my wc males and kept 2. It seems to be working now as you will see by the pics below. I was going to wait til her eggs reached day 10, but there was alot of chasing going on in the tank today so I thought while wait 3 more days.
I caught my wc black moba momma first and she readily opened her mouth for me. She had 36 egg-bound fry in her mouth!!!!! My 2nd wc moba momma yielded 22 egg-bound fry!!!!! I have 2 tumblers running with a total of 58 fry..........WOW!!!!!
Just wanted to share this great news with you and a few pics I took. Enjoy!!!!!!

Double tumblers running......both with double screens.

F1 fry from my wc black moba momma at day 7.

closer shot of same day 7 spawn.

F1 fry from one of my wc moba mommas at day 10.

closer shot of day 10 spawn.
I keep them in their tumblers til their egg sacs are fully absorbed and then transfer them to separate floating nurseries in my 180g tank.

Cerbios

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2008
USA, Indiana
congrats, and good luck.

uncwnells

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2008
Wilmington, NC
holy smokes man thats awesome!

armac

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2005
South Texas
Hey Ron, how many years they been breeding now, been a while since Alan and I came up and bought those babies.

From the RGV............................

Ron R.

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2005
Houston, TX
reverse;3141762; said:
Hey Ron, how many years they been breeding now, been a while since Alan and I came up and bought those babies.

From the RGV............................
They have been breeding for over 4 years now.......I've gotten well over 400 fry from this wc colony I bought from TNT Cichlids out of PA.

I bought 10, lost 3 and sold one wc male so I have 6 wc mobas left. I reluctantly sold a wc male.......he was causing all kind of trouble trying to be the alpha male. He was the smallest of 3 males I had. The net had not touched him since I bought them and he was 11 1/2" long. My remaining males are 12+".

You guys made the farthest trip to get fry. Mostly folks come down from Dallas, San Antonio, San Marcos, Beaumont...........

Ron R.

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2005
Houston, TX
iamzrad;3141455; said:
Nice!

Post a DIY on those tumblers.
:)
The tumblers were purchased on ebay......aquabid. The largest one and best one I have I bought from jrogo over at aquabid. Be sure to get them with double screens otherwise you could lose eggs to plecos and fish with small mouths. They suck the fragile eggs right from the bottom.

ozz465

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 15, 2006
Ca
great looking set up for the fry.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store