Lobbyist

Awesome2

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2008
United States
Groups like PETA hire lobbyists and lawyers to defend this stuff and talk about it on the house floor. Maybe if the members of MFK and other popular message boards (reptile, bird, exotics, fish, etc) teamed up, we could hire a lobbyist to convey the message that HR669 is unconstitutional and should not be suported.

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
We already have one- the Pet Industry Joint Action Council

S

stefan420

Whether lobbyists work for a large organization, a private individual, or the general public, their goals and strategies are the same. First and foremost, lobbyists must be adept at the art of persuasion, which is the mainstay of their job. They must figure out how to sway politicians to vote on legislation in a way that favors the interest they represent.

dial up service
Web Design Utah

Err

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2009
Austin Texas
stefan420;3607266; said:
Whether lobbyists work for a large organization, a private individual, or the general public, their goals and strategies are the same. First and foremost, lobbyists must be adept at the art of persuasion, which is the mainstay of their job. They must figure out how to sway politicians to vote on legislation in a way that favors the interest they represent.

dial up service
Web Design Utah
I agree with you, but the bottom line is that $$ is what lobbyists use to get the vote they want. After working for a senator I quickly realized that all a politician is, is a vote that can be hired by whatever PAC has the most money. You would not belive how many 10, 15, even 25 thousand dollar "donations" (see bribe) get left on politicians desk in a plain evelope with a "call me" post-it stuck to the outside.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store