10 gal cleanup crew?

hurricane_redbone

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2007
Joboland
www.myspace.com
I am tryin to decide what to get as my cleanup crew for my 10 gal nano reef. i am thinkin

3 blue leg hermits
3 cerith snails
1 turbo snail
1 peppermint shrimp

will this be sufficient?

as for fish i wanna put in i am thinkin

1 neon goby
1 sixline wrasse
1 fire fish
and maybe a basslet (i dont wanna overload my system but i do have a 2.5 galon sump, a 10 gal hang on the back and a protein skimmer so i shud be ok i think)

BIGgourami

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2007
Chicago, IL
defineitely not the wrasse and stick with EITHER the firefish or basslet

neon gobies can be a pest with smaller fish as they try to clean them and can end up nipping fin.. watch out

i'd also leave out the turbo snail... in about 3 months he'll be dead, trust me. the cerinths would be fine bu i have found they don't do a whole lot, i prefer astreas but that's just me
the shrimp and hermits would be fine though

hurricane_redbone

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2007
Joboland
www.myspace.com
why firefish or basslet?

wats wrong with the wrasse... i wanted him so he could eat those damn bristle worms i got... i could also get a cleaner wrasse instead of the goby...

BIGgourami

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2007
Chicago, IL
firefish or basslet because it'd be too much in the tank with both

no wrasse because they are too big and active, if you want something to eat bristleworms onsider an aldabrensis dottyback, small arrow crab, or coral banded shrimp

no to the cleaner wrasse as well.. if you want a cleaner stick to shrimp

hurricane_redbone

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2007
Joboland
www.myspace.com
im gonna get the sixline anyway despite your advice because they r nice and active, it will be the only active fish really, the firefish will hide a lot and so will the cleaner goby with the filtration i got goin on this tank i am not worried at all

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store