Teacup Rays?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
These are mostly what the stores get around here except for the occasional motoro.They go for about fifty bucks for six inchers(disc diameter)but I have read that they are not as hardy as motoros.

Kolossus

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2007
Where the heart is!!!
PBass would likely eat all of the food before the retics got an opportunity to eat. There is alot of info in the Stingray forum regarding feeding, tankmates, etc. Check it out!

Nic

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2005
outside philly
might have to use a little piece of tubing to spot feed the ray.... this way food can hit the bottom of that tank easier...

jwong1024

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 19, 2008
Chicago
besides the feeding problem, and getting the ray to eat first of all. I don't see why you can't keep them together.

Nic

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2005
outside philly
jwong1024;3153190; said:
besides the feeding problem, and getting the ray to eat first of all. I don't see why you can't keep them together.

its really not hard to get a retic to eat....

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
Food is always hard to get to rays with big fish

PBass would likely eat all of the food before the retics got an opportunity to eat. There is alot of info in the Stingray forum regarding feeding, tankmates, etc. Check it out!

Sent from my DROIDX using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

coyotethug

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2005
Michigan
If everyone is healthy and feeding then yes. You are going to want to get the rays going well on their own first before you add in the bass. Also depends on height of tank. Too shallow and they will run into each other a lot which increases the chance of a squable. Small ray and bass, bass wins. Big ray and bass, ray wins if it decides to dart the bass or even pin it and take a bite. I have seen decent size rays kill gars, bichirs, cichlids, catfish, clownknife, etc.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store