hypo salinty

bluedempsey

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2005
Monster's r us
i have always used hyposalinty when ever fish become ill
has anyone else used this form of drastic measure to medicate a fish?

Mattcomptonassvanhorn

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 25, 2005
Wichita,Ks
Yes I used to own a maroon clown that one morning I woke up and he had ich and out of nowhere I might add, So panicking to save my prized fish I got a plastic cup, a commercial ich remedy( liquid), and put just a little bit of saltwater in it. Then took him into the bathroom and dumped the maroon in a net and the remedy in the toilet, and then rinsed him with matured saltwater from the tank that he came out of and put him back in his tank not only did he survive this harsh treatment, but also recovered from his ich, and lived a full 4 year life which is an average life span for this species.

CentralMayhem

MONSTER FISH EATER
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
San Diego, California
works like a charm on ich. never fails. the stuff just cant possibly survive and the fish takes it just fine as long as you take a few hours to lower the salinity to 1.0012. once its lowered you keep it there for 3 weeks to a month at which point the stuff has been gone and not returned, you raise the salinity back to your usual level of 1.0025 or so over the course of a full day or two. works great for ich never had any other salt disease to have to cure so i am not sure what else it would work for. try it for yourself.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store