White spots on blood red parrot???

Linemanbrad

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 25, 2009
Texas
:confused:I have 2 Blood reds in a 20G wit a 60G filter on it... what are the white spots and how can i get rid of them? they are all over one of the fishes body and only on the fins of the other.. and they never come out of their log. is that a problem?

Linemanbrad

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 25, 2009
Texas
well, they are kind of small but not that small... maybe twice the size of a ball point pin tip

Linemanbrad

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 25, 2009
Texas
they are now just jetting around the tank biting at the gravel glass and aquarium plants.. then gently float up to the top... i put 1 tablespoon of salt in the and increased the temperature of the water in the tank

gt1009

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2009
Wilmington, NC
See how that treatment works. If the spots go away then just keep the temp up a few more days. If they persist it is likely fungal or bacterial then treat with melafix/pimafix. Heres a picture of ich. If it looks like that then your treatment should be fine.

Astatheros_longimanus_with_ich_DSC_9878.jpg

Linemanbrad

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 25, 2009
Texas
that is exactly what my fish looks like... i didnt have aquarium salt so is table salt ok??? =/ im new at this

Linemanbrad

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 25, 2009
Texas
but i am wondering why my fish go back to that dang log... if i take it out the go crazy and right when i put it back in there the go right back in it... if i want them out i have to force them out by removing the log

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store