trip to animal kingdom

swede

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2009
ןɟ 'opuɐןɹo ɹɐǝu
I took my son to animal kingdom today mainly just to check out their awesome outdoor african cichlid pond. they had to have had cichlids numbering in the thousands! here are some pics to prove it! they even had some cichlids in a humongous pond with a hippo.
never before today have i ever seen so many africans together. they were actually schooling together at one point! so cool!

swede

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2009
ןɟ 'opuɐןɹo ɹɐǝu
what i found odd is that they had a nile perch in the same pond as the hippo and the cichlids.

swede

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2009
ןɟ 'opuɐןɹo ɹɐǝu
thanks! what i couldn't capture in the pic was that the little pools that separated the large cichlids and the more shallow waters had fry in there. it was pretty cool how it was kinda designed as a camouflaged breeder divider. they also have the pond heated

swede

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2009
ןɟ 'opuɐןɹo ɹɐǝu
mike, you coming to orlando for real?

p.s. isnt the nile perch part of the reason the rift lake cichlids are having problems in the wild right now?

mike dunagan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2006
Pendleton, IN
www.freewebs.com
I am going to Dinsey for a week with the fam. We are staying on property. I am looking forward to seeing Animal Kingdom. I will be there tomorrow by lunch time!!!

ceeej31

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2008
New England
ive seen it a few times, very cool, last time i went there a diving bird caught one of them, kindof sad but interesting to watch, the perch is peobably there to help keep the poulation in check

swede

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2009
ןɟ 'opuɐןɹo ɹɐǝu
awesome have fun mike! if you wanna see a cool lfs while you stay, i can recommend one to you

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store