who is an equipment packrat?

DeLgAdO

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2005
Chula Vista, CA (San Diego)
www.myspace.com
I AM!!!

i use to sell and donate my old equipment, now i keep it because sometimes something comes up to when i need it again or i have a DIY idea, i have a shed out back with old equipment.

i have a wet-dry for a up to 125 gal tank

a penguin bio-wheel

40gal acrylic tank

miscelaneous(sp?) parts from different filters, spare bioballs, afew powerheads and plumbing stuff.

is anyone else a packrat with there fish equipment?

GraFFix

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2006
N.W. Chicago
I definatly am...its getting bad too. lol. it does come in handy at times though...

Just off the top of my head I have...
90g in storage No room in apt for it :(
55g complete setup in storage (lights, stand, tank) Again no room for it...bleh
2 - 29g's a 5g and a 2.5g
2 spare canisters
4 spare HOB filters
24" 130W PC fixture
4 20" aga flouresant fixtures
CPR Backback filter/skimmer
6 - 5g buckets filled with what used to be live rock will be used again someday
few powerheads
few heaters
plus the box of Misc parts that i have no clue where it all came from...impellers, suction cups, clamps...etc

Dont get me into the reptile stuff either...man its time for a yard sale i think lol

fishnthings

" id rather be a goldfish "
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2005
Pensacola
definatley time for a sale and ill be there to get it ALL:thumbsup:

do you want to sell the 90.. pm me if you do:D

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
I definitely am, and am too lazy to try to list the LONG list of stuff. I recently sold off a 55 a fully setup 37.

loach43

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
Indiana
I have a bunch of outdated junk scattered everywhere dating as far back as 1974. Two diatom filters that I still have from that era come to mind along with a small collection of broken meta-frame tanks, noisy air pumps that I'll never use again and a box full of "dangerous to use" heaters.

thatonegirl

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
I have a whole bunch of stuff I don't use anymore. Plus bits and pieces of old filters and such and an old 29 gallon that leaked. I guess I've got more than a bit of my grandma in my genetics. She never threw anything out either.

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
Here is the way it goes for me. I buy a new tank, new filter, new air pump, and transfer the fish to the bigger tank, then I say thats it, I'll give this tank away. Then two weeks later, I am buying more gravel, more fish, and more food for some fish that I can't live without. I don't have any unused equipment, because I eventually break down and use it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store