Live Food

Vitaliy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2005
Brooklyn, NY
vitaliy.info
Pet stores really rip people off considering the crap that fish food is made out of. I wanted to introduce my fish to some live food, and comparing fish store bait prices to pet store live food price is like fire and water. I ended up getting this container of small live ear worms for two bucks! It should last me WAY over a week!

The only thing is, my idea of small is one thing and fish people idea of small is different. The small worms are about 2-3”, when I throw them in my fish just ignore them (my current biggest one is 6"). Should I cut the worm up or what?

(Freshwater Earth Worm)

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
What f1sh?

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
Typo, sorry, Got brushed by a pickup truck while bicycling yesterday. One eye is swollen shut and I lost my glasses so the vision in other one is blurry. I got my brother-in-law to spap photo so if we can find the feed wire I'll post a pic. I'm pretty colorful right now, I was going to post it under Shiners. Looks pretty cool.

iheartfishies

Im Angie
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2005
Northern VA
vvvp.dynu.com
Sorry to hear guppy.

YIPES.

Anyway....some like them and some don't.
Once one fish bites it the other will follow...

maybe if you cut it up it will entice them.

Mine Love'em.

Good luck. :cheers:

Vitaliy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2005
Brooklyn, NY
vitaliy.info
I feel like such a girl (sorry iheartfishies, just figure of speech), I am scared to touch those worms. Id grab one and scream like a school girl if the thing starts moving and throw in in the tank...
:hitting:
Cutting one worm up was one hell of an adventure for me with lots of screaming. The worms were just too big for them, they go nuts for them when they are cut up (they are still moving! EEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWW! :headshake )...

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
Try blood worms or tubifex, rinse well. Thanks iheartfishies, doesn't hurt but sure ain't pretty, swellings gone down so I can see out of that eye again,lol.

shovelnose

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 30, 2005
Central Jersey
www.5acrossinc.com
Vitaliy said:
I feel like such a girl (sorry iheartfishies, just figure of speech), I am scared to touch those worms. Id grab one and scream like a school girl if the thing starts moving and throw in in the tank...
Cutting one worm up was one hell of an adventure for me with lots of screaming. The worms were just too big for them, they go nuts for them when they are cut up (they are still moving! EEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWW! :headshake )...
*** :shakehead

iheartfishies

Im Angie
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2005
Northern VA
vvvp.dynu.com
guppy said:
Try blood worms or tubifex, rinse well. Thanks iheartfishies, doesn't hurt but sure ain't pretty, swellings gone down so I can see out of that eye again,lol.
Good to hear..I want a pic...pirate Dan.

iheartfishies

Im Angie
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2005
Northern VA
vvvp.dynu.com
Vitaliy said:
I wished you lived closer to me so I could punch you in the face...

I don't cut, cut them..I take the worms and rip 'em up with my two hands...

I'd figure the blood would gross you out, not the wiggling.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store