tank mate suggestions?

Polyptasaurus

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2009
New York
Anybody have any suggestions for some tank mates for my tank?

I have a 75g, sand bottom, big fire eel, 5" delhezi poly, 3" endlicheri poly, 6 1.5" clown loaches, 3 black skirt tetras, 1 red-finned botia, 3.5" Tiger Lobster (so shy you can't even find him, so aggression isnt an issue), 4" pleco.

Any suggestions? I'd really just like a couple larger fish, i was thinking about two big Gold Sevs. Somebody said alligator gars, but those get waayyyy too big.

What do you think?

shamrock

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2006
El Paso
For one the tetras will eventually get eaten. And I would worry about how the lobster gets along with your eels and bichir-since they all hang in the bottom.

Polyptasaurus

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2009
New York
not worried about it honestly, the lobster barely even moves out of his rock, like i worry about him EATING more than pinching, lol. im not attached to the tetras obviously, they are just there cuz i had them from the old tank and actually look pretty nice

shamrock

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2006
El Paso
What about the Pleco does it have aggression problems with you Bichir and Eel. Personally, I would ditch the Pleco and Lobster-then you could probably add those
Gold Sev.

Polyptasaurus

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2009
New York
nah, the pleco is nice looking, but he literally doesnt move from under this piece of wood, its pretty lame. i still have plenty of room for other fish, just gotta figure out something i really want. gold sevs are beautiful fish and not aggressive at all, BUT, i think they would go after the lobster (if they could find him). or a green sev and a gold, but then again gars on the top would be nice. ANYTHING that stays on top would be nice actually.

shamrock

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2006
El Paso
You couldn't fit a true gar in that size tank. The smallest are Florida and they get to a min. of 2 feet in captivity. Plus Plecos also get large and cause a lot of waste.

Polyptasaurus

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2009
New York
i love knives, i used to have a royal knife and he was BEAUTIFUL. but they do mess with other fish too, even the brown knives, plus, thats another fish thats gonna stay mostly at the bottom.

Eoibio

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2008
*+*+ireland+*+*
Isnt the fire eel too big for a 75g???

Maybe some huge rainbowfish???

swede

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2009
ןɟ 'opuɐןɹo ɹɐǝu
killifish are very colorful and many stay up at the top. they are cool/challenging to breed at times, and they are quite a nice contrast to the planted tank. cooler to keep than tetras

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store