Wels Catfish in the US, help me out guys!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2005
CA
Alright guys, I got a baby wels from Rapps a few months ago. Its growing well and about 1 ft right now. Once he gets big enough he will be transferred to a above ground pool.

I want another WELS CAT so this one won't be lonely so if you have a Wels cat or know of one for sale, NAME YOUR PRICE and PM ME!!!

Thanks!
:headbang2:headbang2:headbang2:headbang2

koop171

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2008
ohio
I'm going to guess you tried rapps again allready and he's out?

besides that IDK of anyone who has brought these in in recent memory. good luck Why not get an eel cat from RareFish they are in stock now and look like a little wells but still get around 4'+

mkman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2005
CA
Looked into Rapps, none at the moment, still patiently waiting to see if he might bring some more in.

Rapps is the only one I've seen bring any in as well. Eel cat...........whats the name of it??

Koop, keep an eye out for me, I'll give you a finders fee :)

mkman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2005
CA
brackish to marine? crap, won't do well with my wels and it might kill my wels with its venomous spines!

mikeb210

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2008
NC
Something I've always wondered for those who keep arapaima and RTCs and other monstrosities. What are your plans for when they grow up? Wels for example have no problem reaching 200lbs, what do you do with that fish at that point?

mkman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2005
CA
large pool :) If you know where I can get another Wels cat, pls let me know.

mkman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2005
CA
why would a catfish be thrashing around??? Unless something was attacking it, bugging it, etc but I assure you there will be no such problems.

I know someone here can give me the scoop on a Wels........come on!

GiangNOOO

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2008
Where The Wild Things Are
mikeb210;3208610; said:
Something I've always wondered for those who keep arapaima and RTCs and other monstrosities. What are your plans for when they grow up? Wels for example have no problem reaching 200lbs, what do you do with that fish at that point?
you eat it! lol

deep fried catfish with that asian sweet and sour fish sauce

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store