First timer

chawk610

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 23, 2009
Ft. Worth, TX.
Hello all, I am setting up a 90 gallon system I bought used. The tank, stand, hood, lights are all working. I cannot for the life of me get the wet / dry sump going. I have the pump in the return tank connected, I have the overflow box in the tank... I cannot get it to siphon... please help!!! It is an Aquatics Pro 125 Wet / Dry.

Thanks everyone. :confused:

julsy

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2009
indiana
could be your problem, make sure the box outside is lower than the box inside, and also you might check, most manufacturers will offer replacement parts, not that im a firm beliver in stock, but hey, it is made that way to be efficient, if you have a chance post a picture of it. might be able to spot your problem there

chawk610

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 23, 2009
Ft. Worth, TX.
oh... jeez.. ok, the box inside is lower. What it is is two acrylic boxes. The one outside has the hose that runs to the sump below. The one inside collects the wateer and has the hose connected to the one going to the sump.. is this reversed? I can't make the one inside higher???

julsy

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2009
indiana
if you could post a picture maybe i could help, but you have to keep the water level higher on the inside box in order for it to siphon correctly. my old setup the inside box was higher than the outside so that you had a good siphon drop

julsy

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2009
indiana
ah, theres part of your problem, the house should fill the box in the back, not run directly into the hose leading down, so pull it out of the filter and put it beside it, then make sure you get all the air out of the line in the siphon hose, looks like your inner box needs to be lower in the water to stay full enough so that you dont siphon all the ater out of it, i use a rule of thumb, put the rim of the overflow box even with the water, and adjust from there, most likely you arent getting enough flow, and draining your inner box completely

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store