HOW MANY RAYS HAVE YOU MURDERED?

F

FishHeadSoup

zero thus far, hope it stays that way....

(thou ive only keep one motorro so far)

Pangong_ilong

I want one too !
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
Fresh Meadow, NY
Nil so far. My very first ray is still healthy and active. Am trying to get a chain link or a flower ray.

redtailfool

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2005
New Jersey
Ive killed 4 so far.. 1 chain link motoro, 1 red retic and 2 leopoldis. The one ive killed as a newb is one of the leo though. I fell asleep through acclimation and the ray stayed too long in the bag.

Honda12

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2006
Michigan
Haven't lost any so far, all three are doing good and I hope it stays that way.

rvrrays

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2005
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Too many.

I have lost nine in the last two years. Five motoro pups, two adult scobina, one adult histrix and one large female leopoldi. Everything from power outage to water quality to mystery death.

Over the years I have probably had fifty different rays as pets. I lost a few others early on to the "rookie" mistakes.

It happens to everyone.

Colin

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
rvrrays said:
Too many.

I have lost nine in the last two years. Five motoro pups, two adult scobina, one adult histrix and one large female leopoldi. Everything from power outage to water quality to mystery death.

Over the years I have probably had fifty different rays as pets. I lost a few others early on to the "rookie" mistakes.

It happens to everyone.

Colin
wat rookie mistakes?
redtailfool said:
Ive killed 4 so far.. 1 chain link motoro, 1 red retic and 2 leopoldis. The one ive killed as a newb is one of the leo though. I fell asleep through acclimation and the ray stayed too long in the bag.
that is the worst way of killing a leo :( on the other hand- what is a red retic? i they literally red or have some different pigmentation. would like to see a pic

DiXoN

English MFKer
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2004
Sunderland, England
i had one die on me quite quickly after i bought it but i did get 2 of them cheap actually less than the cost of one so no real monetary loss but i was gutted as it was the first fish i'd lost for a long time.
the other ray settled fine and eat the other did not yet both eat at the sellers house it was strange

fishguy306

Peacock Bass
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2005
Illinois
way too many. Most are because they are unhealthy and I cant resist buying them. Lets see-

1x motoro (first ray)
2x retics (3rd and 4th rays, unhealthy to start)
2x flowers

It feels like someone is missing in there :( Not such a good record although at this point I have turned to more survived then dead

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store