black ghost knife

Scarycakes

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2009
Virginia beach
I just bought a black ghost knife, first one ever hes probably 2 inchs long, i have him in a 125 with me 2 inch pbass. He is soooo cool love him haha. Do they ever get aggressive or no? And would he also enjoy another ghost?

awsomebichir

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2009
monrovia
they can get aggressive..mine is.and only if the tank is big enough for 2 because when i had 2 in my tank they were fighting all day.but if you get 2 babies then it could work because they will know eachother.

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
Black ghost knife is a very fragile fish in these beginning stages.. they will hide alot ..so the most important thing is to make sure he is eating... so many are lost at this stage because they are intimidated by their tankmates and afraid to come out to eat.. so if you do not actually see him eating..make sure you get those blood worms to him ...in front of his face..once he is stronger and hardy you don't have to worry as much..they will scout around for their food... later hikari pellets are a good staple diet..And they always say 2 will fight unless they are offerered a very large tank

Scarycakes

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2009
Virginia beach
its a 125...so it shoudl be big enough for 2 babies right? YEah the guy at the pet store told me they are very timid. and hide a lot so i bought him a tube, and he has a couple other places as well, as soon as i put him in the 125g though he went crazy haha swimming around and just looked like he was enjoying it, and he ate bloodworms right from the top, but now he likes hiding behing the power head for some reaosn haha with the 2 baby peakocks.

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
Scarycakes;3271432; said:
its a 125...so it shoudl be big enough for 2 babies right?
i cannot quarentee that.. but it sounds good to me.

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Usually, BGKs don't get along with one another. Even with that size tank, I'd keep a close eye on them as the get bigger. A 125g should be plenty of room for 2 small ones. Also be aware that they grow pretty slow while Pbass grow really fast. They may end up as a snack for the Pbass if he decides he's a little more hungrier than usual.

swede

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2009
ןɟ 'opuɐןɹo ɹɐǝu
are you curious what else to stock that would go well with them?

Scarycakes

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2009
Virginia beach
thats probably all im going to keep is the 2 pbass and the gk. Maybe a baby silver aro, not sure what else would be cool for the tank

TwistedPenguin

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2008
Oklahoma
Scarycakes;3272790; said:
thats probably all im going to keep is the 2 pbass and the gk. Maybe a baby silver aro, not sure what else would be cool for the tank
"Baby" arowanas get a big as adult Arowanas lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store