Who's got Tor? ......

koop171

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2008
ohio
I've recently picked up two tor mosal from Wes. they are doing great. and I'm now wondering who else if anyone here picked up any of the rest of his batch and how they are doing.

and whoever else has any Tor post your pics along with sizes and diet along with any other info about yours Since there isn't a lot of info to be found And not a lot of threads here about them I figured it's time to get one going.

this is one of the first pics of my two I got. they were 8" right out of the bag.

Diet is Hikari Sinking gold med. pellet (they HAMMER the stuff)
Have not grown much in length but have gotten a lot thicker. I need to get some new picks.

Tank mates: 8" motoro male, 13" giraffe cat, 8-9" golden dorado. And they all get along.

I'm semi in the market for more. Or if some came avail that I want when I ahve the cash I'll grad in a heart beat. But Tor soro is on the top of the list then tor putoria would be a close second.

So what do you other Tor fans have out there?

Nic

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2005
outside philly
very nice...

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Yes and I am really starting to like the tile as a substrate.

pupumole

In Loving Memory
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2007
sfbay
me me me ! i got tors ! : D dunno wat sp though ^^;;

and at special incidence of light , tis is wat i get, an Asian Azul !

here is it when it was 2.5" when i got it...

now at 5-6"

reddragon343

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2005
singapore
i got Tor!...but difficult to photograph cuz they are in the pond. Feed them Hikari Wheat Germ Sinking pellets, Frozen Bloodworms, chopped shrimp(more for the rays), hikari Lionhead sinking pellets, Tetrabits.

koop171

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2008
ohio
Does anyone get their tor to eat off the top of the water? i'm going to try to see if I can't get some food that's to big for my other fish ate up by these guys. But it's all floating. and I'm not sure they will take it.

koop171

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2008
ohio
Cichlas;3297896; said:
Mine take from all levels including the top so I can't see why yours wouldn't once they get used to knowing it is up there.

Very nice and good to know they should accept food fromthe top level. I have yet to start trying. I'm not out of sinking yet. I will be after this weekend if I don't buy more.

How big are yours BTW... they look great.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store