Note about HR669 being reworked. (rant)

Status
Not open for further replies.

L021

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2009
Ontario CA
To be honest, I hope that the rework is done well and passed. I do not want a total ban on tropical fish, but there are certain fish that are far too common and deserve some peace from this hobby. I love common plecos, obviously, but I think that they go through far too much abuse to be with us any longer. Oscars are also well cared for at times, but for every one oscar in a good 50 gallon, there are 3 in a bowl. Likely together. Some other fish that too few can keep compared to the market are RTCs, Pacus, and anything else that needs over 200 gallons, yet has a small enough price barrier that people can but at large (Tigerfish and Arowana need not apply.).

Furthermore, once these massive fish get too violent or too big for their respective 10 gallon tanks, what do people do? Toss your buddy into a new life in a lake big enough for him. I think that any fish over 10" should require permits to ship, giving a price barrier that keeps the masses of them out of the unexpecting hobbyists and as such, our waterways.

I DON'T want is a bill that is saying; "in two years we might give them neon tetras, if we want to put the effort in to research. This kills the industry and starves out the hobbyists.

What I want is a list that says: You need to apply to get a 100$ permit to keep fish over one foot. THIS keeps many fish out of abuse, including the common goldfish, while at the same time allowing petstores to keep a buisness and the advanced hobbyist to have the fish they need.

UNFORTUNATELY, I doubt the government would give two *****, but whatev.

RANT OVER.

T.K.O.P. 8=X

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2009
Pa.
www.myyearbook.com
Government control please... I'll keep any fish i like illegal or legal. Kinged on by curruption it's everywhere who controls who def. not me.

Freezekougra

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2009
Brooklyn, NY
I sorta agree with abuse of fish being put in small tanks, but I think it's unfair to make people pay for a $100 permit(especially for people who don't have a big budget)...especially on MFK where most ppl give fish a proper home. Maybe some kind of free and simple permit/proof of where the fish will go to

Angler

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 8, 2007
Colorado
L021;3279429; said:
To be honest, I hope that the rework is done well and passed. I do not want a total ban on tropical fish, but there are certain fish that are far too common and deserve some peace from this hobby. I love common plecos, obviously, but I think that they go through far too much abuse to be with us any longer. Oscars are also well cared for at times, but for every one oscar in a good 50 gallon, there are 3 in a bowl. Likely together. Some other fish that too few can keep compared to the market are RTCs, Pacus, and anything else that needs over 200 gallons, yet has a small enough price barrier that people can but at large (Tigerfish and Arowana need not apply.).

Furthermore, once these massive fish get too violent or too big for their respective 10 gallon tanks, what do people do? Toss your buddy into a new life in a lake big enough for him. I think that any fish over 10" should require permits to ship, giving a price barrier that keeps the masses of them out of the unexpecting hobbyists and as such, our waterways.

I DON'T want is a bill that is saying; "in two years we might give them neon tetras, if we want to put the effort in to research. This kills the industry and starves out the hobbyists.

What I want is a list that says: You need to apply to get a 100$ permit to keep fish over one foot. THIS keeps many fish out of abuse, including the common goldfish, while at the same time allowing petstores to keep a buisness and the advanced hobbyist to have the fish they need.

UNFORTUNATELY, I doubt the government would give two *****, but whatev.

RANT OVER.
:banhim:

groovitudedude

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2007
San Diego
Arapaimaman;3279656; said:
Hey Mr.Rant-go back to PETA and stay there.
Hey, instead of calling names, why don't you actually discuss it like a civilized member?
T.K.O.P. 8=X;3279726; said:
Government control please... I'll keep any fish i like illegal or legal. Kinged on by curruption it's everywhere who controls who def. not me.
I guess it's kinda useless talking to you about this, since the law doesn't seem to affect you?

Although I think it is important to make sure fish go to proper homes, I don't think that everybody that wants a large fish should need a license. Maybe just more employees interested in the future of the fish would make a difference.

groovitudedude

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2007
San Diego
Angler;3279854; said:
It accomplished conveying my opinion on his rant. Don't be so sensitive.
I'm not, I'm just pointing out that people need to actually put their opinion out there instead of clicking a smiley with absolutely no material to back up their feelings. ;)

Angler

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 8, 2007
Colorado
groovitudedude;3279867; said:
I'm not, I'm just pointing out that people need to actually put their opinion out there instead of clicking a smiley with absolutely no material to back up their feelings. ;)
:banhim:

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store