frontosa stuff need help

EDM

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2009
salinas, CA
ok so i bin looking around at different fronts and i just cant decide. after all the reading and what not im also quite confused about all this frontosa stuff (the frontosa descriptions and all that it seems to be different every where i look). i am looking to get a colony of 6 with a 2:4 male to female ratio. here is where you guys come into play. i need help finding a frontosa i want. i am looking at the albino frontosa wich looks nice but not much info on them i know they are man made but i can find pictures of them when they are older. i also cant find out which frontosa they use could use some help there because i want a frontosa that has a a big forehead and long extensions on the males. if i do not get albino frontosa i would be looking for a frontosa with a big forehead with long extensions a nice dark blue or light purple color on fins and in between the black strips............. so i guess im asking what kind of frontosas are like that and a bit more info on albino frotns along with pictures of bigger albino frontosas.

ozz465

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 15, 2006
Ca
Never heard of the albinos , as for the big foreheads try burundi frontosa , older males get crazy looking humps.

EDM

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2009
salinas, CA
ozz465;3334514; said:
Never heard of the albinos , as for the big foreheads try burundi frontosa , older males get crazy looking humps.
ya but i also dont want a very common frontosa or a cheap one. i want one that is not common rare if you will but also verry nice looking.

mike dunagan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2006
Pendleton, IN
www.freewebs.com
Well fronts when larger are not cheap at all. Now, I would bet that the albino are burundi. Since they have been in the hobby the longest. Since they have the most time breeding with them, you would find the albino genes.

EDM

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2009
salinas, CA
mike dunagan;3334799; said:
Well fronts when larger are not cheap at all. Now, I would bet that the albino are burundi. Since they have been in the hobby the longest. Since they have the most time breeding with them, you would find the albino genes.
oh well i dont want to buy them big i just want to know how they look when they are big really hard to find a pic of them.

Ash

I dum care =]
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 27, 2005
Tampa
I dont think I have ever seen a pic of a large albino frontosa. I agree that the albino would more then likley be burundi.

If you are looking for one with more color then you may want to look at zaires. I would find a breeder if you are looking to get them and expect to pay $25-35 a piece in the size range of .75-2 inches. If you are confused on the different types then you may want to try looking them up one by one and gathering all the information along with pictues then compare them, maybe that will help you make your decision. We also have some good information in the frontosa thread that is on here, it should be a sticky.

ozz465

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 15, 2006
Ca
Ash;3334855; said:
I dont think I have ever seen a pic of a large albino frontosa. I agree that the albino would more then likley be burundi.

If you are looking for one with more color then you may want to look at zaires. I would find a breeder if you are looking to get them and expect to pay $25-35 a piece in the size range of .75-2 inches. If you are confused on the different types then you may want to try looking them up one by one and gathering all the information along with pictues then compare them, maybe that will help you make your decision. We also have some good information in the frontosa thread that is on here, it should be a sticky.
very true zaires are great looking ones . i stop every time i see mine .

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store