Stocking 120g preditor tank

AC2020x

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2009
State College, PA
I'm getting a 120g predator tank soon and trying to decide what to stock it with. Origionally I was considering a V lionfish and blue dotted puffer- and even though those would probably do alright- I think i've decided I want a dogface or porcupine puffer or both.-- So i've decided to ditch the lion and maybe go with a trigger. Is that alright with the puffers? Also I was considering an eel, tang, wrasse or angel. I'm not sure yet though. Let me know what you guys think?

BIGgourami

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2007
Chicago, IL
a 120 is just a wide 75, remember that... you could stock a 125 much more than you could a 120

what type of trigger were you looking at?

AC2020x

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2009
State College, PA
I don't really know yet, i'm thinking Humu Picasso, Undulate Triggerfis, niger, or possibly a clown, but i'm really open to suggestions at this point-- I wouldn't get one for at least a few months.

agreeive?fish

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2007
oklahoma
a 120g would be good for an undy for life ofcourse he would mostlikley murder any other fish in the tank nomatter if they were in the tank 100 years before the undy or new additons

niger,clown both get to big IMO for a 4ft tank i have one of each in my 6ft 210g and iam fixing to move them to my 7ft 210g

mr.reef24

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2009
USA
s704.photobucket.com
well the size of the tank will be the issue depending on the species of puffer your looking at as well as eel, trigger why don't you write a list and keep narrowing things' down then compile a list to post for us to check compatibility?

mr.reef24

AC2020x

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2009
State College, PA
That sounds pretty good, the 120g is a 5 foot tank. So idk if that makes any difference, i def think i agree with clown, but maybe niger idk - but I really like the picaso and undulate more.

If I got a dogface and porcupine would that be too much for the 120?

capo larzo

Candiru
MFK Member
May 9, 2009
New York
Someone already said it, but undulated triggers need to be kept COMPLETELY ALONE. They will literally kill anything and everything in the tank with them. Even Clown Triggers can become super agressive and do the same when they start getting bigger. If you want to be able to keep other fish, for life, Humu and Niger are probably your best Trigger Bets.

AC2020x

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2009
State College, PA
Well what I want to go with now is a porcupine puffer, dogface puffer, humu piccaso trigger and snowflake eel, I'd also like to get some type of wrasse, tang or angel. All of those things I know of course are an impossibility, but that's my list of things I want.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store