cleaners for FW

~ocean

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 12, 2009
Stoon
do u think cleaner shrimp ur wrasses could live in fresh water because i don't know about any FW cleaners.

killerfish

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2007
colorado
No salt water fish and Inverts can not live in fresh water

There are many freshwater shimp that could be used for cleaning ghost shrimp are good at eating algea for example

~ocean

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 12, 2009
Stoon
ghost shrimp would be eaten in my tank in a blnk of an eye

chesterthehero

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2008
corona, ca
looks like its yet another job for gool ol elbow grease

swede

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2009
ןɟ 'opuɐןɹo ɹɐǝu
what are you trying to clean? excess food should be cut down on and removed through smaller feedings and frequent WC with vacuuming. As for algae, like has been said, elbow grease, as well as limiting light to the tank

Sab_Fan

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2008
Delray Beach, FL
swede;3351699; said:
what are you trying to clean? excess food should be cut down on and removed through smaller feedings and frequent WC with vacuuming. As for algae, like has been said, elbow grease, as well as limiting light to the tank
x2 . . .

also, while cories and plecos are often recommended for helping with clean-up, it's important to remember that they have their own food needs, and shouldn't be expected to get by just on leftovers

sostoudt

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 5, 2009
va
~ocean;3351606; said:
do u think cleaner shrimp ur wrasses could live in fresh water because i don't know about any FW cleaners.
trolling most likely...

if not..
the animals dont actually clean youve seen to much finding nemo(the scurge of the aquarium industry:irked:).
those animals clean the fish of parasites not the tank, also they cant live in freshwater.

there are plenty of plecos and different types of freshwater shrimps or snails to eat algae. but they dont actually clean the water they only eat algae you still need to do water changes

david503bk

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2008
Mamma's house
Flag tails. I never have to clean my interior glass ever since I got him. He is also a garbage disposal. Eats everything. At least mine does. I still do weekly water changes too though. To clean up all the waste.

andyjs

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2008
Ohio
david503bk;3351799; said:
Flag tails. I never have to clean my interior glass ever since I got him. He is also a garbage disposal. Eats everything. At least mine does. I still do weekly water changes too though. To clean up all the waste.
Mine does a great job on algae as well. He's constantly grazing all over everything, but he'll take about any food I throw in the tank as well. I just upgraded him from a 75 into a 150, and when I drained the 75 to tear it down, there were THOUSANDS of lip prints all over the glass from him grazing that appeared when it started to dry. It made me laugh

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store