100 gallon Aquarium update

johnson5585

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 17, 2008
California
So my aquarium with the new T5 lights is rocking. I am stocked on fish and am going to continue to build my cleaner crew up and my coral display. Everything is in order as far as parameters and lighting is in check now as well. Battling a little algae problem but am cutting back on feeding and light length. I am also adding an algae attack group to try and help break it down. Will post some pics later on.

Current stocking:

Fish-
Yellow Tang
Blue Tang
Coral Beauty
Royal Gramma
Blue green Chromis 3x
Occellaris Clown
True Percula Clown

Inverts-
Banded Coral Shrimp
Emerald Crabs 3x
Turbo Snails 8x
Nassarius Snails 25x
Bumble Bee Snails 3x
Margarita Snails 3x
Scarlet reef hermit

On the way-
Cerith Snails 20x
Astrea Turbos 5x
Blue Tip Hermit Crabs 12x

Corals:
Green Starburst Polyps (Mother Colony)
Green Starburst Polyps (2 Frags)
Green Mushrooms 8x
Red Mushroom
Purple/Blue Mushroom
Orange Richordia
Green Richordia (starting)
Torch Coral (Being hosted by my clowns) LOL
Green Center Brown Button Polyps (colony 25)
7 polyp Zoa of sorts (pink something)

Otto_VonBacon

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2008
Montgomery TEXAS
Quite the tank you got there. Your tangs are about the size of mine.

johnson5585

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 17, 2008
California
Thanks all. My new parts to my cleaner crew will be here tomorrow. I got 20 ceriths snails, 5 astrea snails and 12 blue tip hermits. Hope they help clean up the algae on the sand.

johnson5585

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 17, 2008
California
Thanks again. As for the pics I use a Canon rebel XT with a canon lens with Image stabilization. I shoot in manual mode and pick the shutter speed and ISO setting that gives me both good light quality with not too much grain in the pic. Higher the ISO the more light that comes in but it also raises the amount of grain in the pic. Shutter speed can't be too slow or fish blur and if it is too fast not enough light gets in. So shoot on manual and mess with shutter speed and ISO until you find the combination that works for you and your lighting. I shot these at ISO 400 with a shutter speed of 50. The image stabilizer on my lens allows me to shoot at slower shutter speeds with less blur though. So if your lens is not equipped with IS then you may have to shoot at a faster speed like 80 to 100 without getting a blur. But this mean you may have to raise your ISO to like 600 or 800 which will result in a more grainy shot unfortunately. Tripods help as well but these were shot free hand. Hope that helps.

Shawn

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store