Flowerhorn bite :-O

TwistedPenguin

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2008
Oklahoma
I love my Flowerhorn. And I paid a lot of money to haul his mean ole' butt over here from Thailand 11 months ago when he was less than 3" long. Yet, this is how he repays me-arg! When all I was trying to do was change his water so he'll have a good home lol
I ask you......where is the love? The respect??

Im003.jpg

7-7-09_Timmy-8.JPG

Horiyoshi III

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2006
41.769N -71.129W
www.facebook.com
If I took pictures of all the times my late hybrid Loco bit me, I could fill the first few pages of the thread.

Get used to it.
You have to distract them by showing them your hand at the other side of the tank.

So did your bite and shake?That's the fun kind of bite!

Enjoy these times you have with it.

TwistedPenguin

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2008
Oklahoma
I wore gloves until he bit through them a few wks ago. Since then I've been holding him in a 12" net against the side of the tank. He slipped out today when I wasn't paying attention. My Oscars will nip me every once in awhile, but it doesn't draw blood and leave big marks. I'm not going to 'get used to' bloodshed with every weely water change lol I'll figure out something in order to get the job done.

Dominator

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2008
Queens, New York
That is not a bite!! The fish repays you with a lovely kiss tatoo, and that is unique.

TwistedPenguin

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2008
Oklahoma
lol!! My 12 yr old son told me, "Mom! Squirt some ink in it like on "Wild Boys" and you'll have a tattoo like they did with the snake bite!" I told him those guys were 20-something drunk guys and I'm a 40-something female :ROFL:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store