My fish are boring

jlines

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2008
US
i have a severum, a jack dempsey and firemouth in a 200gal, they are all totally lame, all they do is hide under their log. I think its because i previously had a roomate that would scare the crap out of them all the time.

Im thinking i want to get a new fish that isn't such a wimp and maybe it will embolden the others. What should I get? Should i just replace all my fish with ones that havent been harrased?

BlackShark11k

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2009
somewhere
Get some dither fish like tetras. The cichlids, being territorial, will come out from there caves and chase around the tetras. Hopefully the tetras (or whatever you choose) will be fast enough not to get a bite taken out from them

sostoudt

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 5, 2009
va
a nice big puffer wouldnt be scared. another fish i was thinking of getting is a golden mahseer. dont think your tank will be big enough for it tho

spaulding

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2007
south bend, IN
my small frontosas hid all the time, so i threw 15 neon tetras in with them about 2 weeks ago. i'm now down to 2 neons, but the fronts are always front and center now. i think they just needed some reassurance that the tank was safe. definetly give some dithers a try and see how that works for you.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store